Redamndiculous

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mash up of Recent Things With Follow Up...

A little bit back, I was musing about creating a reality show where celebrities go to prison with everyday people who commit the same crimes as they. One of the reasons I thought this would be great was because it would take them off of the headlines and dedicate a channel or show to encase all of the mayhem.

Prison with the Stars!

Alright, so I'm sure like many of you, I am tired of hearing about the issues, problems, and criminal misfires of Lindsay Lohan. I hear a lot of people shouting that she and other "celebrities" who are so guilty of crimes should just go to jail. I think that this would only cause the tax payers to pay for another body in the correctional cycle and that is a waste. May I offer another solution. We seem to have no shortage of the fame touched individuals who are in trouble with the law, from television/movie stars, reality phenoms, to professional athletes. I say that in California, a state with a huge budget crisis, a broadcast correctional facility be put in place. You stock this special jail with one half celebrities who are heading to incarceration and one half average everyday "real" convicts. Mix the two elements and add cameras 24/7. It would be a broadcast bombshell and don't doubt that advertisers would be all over it. The income could help subsidize the state's correctional system thereby freeing up dollars to go elsewhere in the budget such as education. Many think the celebrities wouldn't go for it but I am willing to bet that they are so addicted to the attention monster that they will sign up for it in a heartbeat. Hell, we can even do a post prison term counseling special with Dr. Drew where he helps them readjust to the outside life. Maybe we could do a dial in vote to see who gets put in isolation for a day or two. Every call generates more money for the system that they thumbed their noses at. Feel free to add your own ideas to this but if any producers see this and take my idea. Please just put my name somewhere in the credits.

After I wrote this I spoke to a friend who works in a local prosecutor's office and he said that legally it would fly with the exception of having a call in vote to see who goes into solitary. Something about not ever bypassing someone's 6th amendment rights.

Today someone posted an article where Charles Manson was caught with a cell phone in his prison cell. I got tickled and came up with the following comments I left on her post. Thanks Ginger for posting that. Oh yeah here is a link to the article. ARTICLE

He was talking to Lil' Wayne.

Phone: buzz buzz buzz ( on silent in prison)

Lil' Wayne: (in a hush whisper) Who dis?

Charlie M.: Hi...hello, uh...jeez sorry I am just nervous. It's been a long time since I have done something like this. I just wanted to say that I am a really just a huge fan of your work. I have to say that I have not been moved by music like yours since.....well since the Beatles. I just wish there was some way I could show you just how much your music means to me.

Lil' Wayne: ...........

Charlie M. : Well, this has been great just great and I want to thank you for taking my call. I hear the guards coming. Cell check day, you know how it is. Hey I hope to hear your new stuff real soon. I will talk to you later........one more time, Huge, just a huge fan.

The reason for the Lil' Wayne reference is that he also is in prison and also just got caught with a cell phone in his cell. FYI

Charles Manson, just an out of control fanboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment