Redamndiculous

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Venting (no not a fart joke)

So I find myself increasingly aggravated with my staff. They are generally a great group of people but on days like today when I can't go into my office for thirty minutes to do some paperwork without chaos over nothing but the ordinary happenings of a restaurant, then I get more than a little angry. Some of the people that work for me are considerably younger than I as they are in their early twenties but more of them are within ten years so I have a very low tolerance for childish crap. Now don't get me wrong, being "goofy" is fine as long as you can shift gears and take care of business and that means doing it the right way, my way. For those who have worked for me in the past let me add that I am one thousand times calmer than I ever have been in my life. I rarely anger and hardly ever raise my voice. The business of service is simple in the restaurant industry, you just have to remember who is important and that should be the basis for all of your decisions and professional behavior patterns. The client, the guest, the customer are the ones that come in to enjoy the service/food and then they are the same ones that will pay you for providing it. Why oh why do some of my servers not get this? They want to tell me how they feel about a certain situation and then I have to remind them that when it comes to anything other than what provides a quality experience for the people paying, I am simply not wearing my "give a shit" tee shirt. Alright, I have that out of my system for a little bit. Now for something completely different........

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment