Redamndiculous

Monday, December 21, 2009

Four Days Until Christmas.

December 21st, just four days away from our Savior's Birthday celebration. Notice I am not saying it is His exact birthday because that doesn't matter. What matters is that we are celebrating His coming to our world and showing a Grace unseen before. We (my wife and I) are done with Christmas shopping and that feels great. I fully admit that my Boo, Christina did 99.999 % of the work in this and makes it happen. That is one of her many amazing qualities. She makes good things happen. Of course others helped in the hunt for the perfect Christmas presents, so thank you Carol A.K.A. Mom Z. As a man, I feel fine with not knowing what they hell they were talking about when they started talking about Zhu Zhu pets. "It's a hamster that doesn't eat or poop." "So it's dead?" I ask. No they are not dead but apparently John Conner has it wrong, we are not going to be overrun with intelligent computer driven human replicates, but rather mindless bump and go robotic hamsters. The kids are nuts for them so that is all that matters.

I spoke the other day about that show I watched without sound while running on the treadmill, "Jersey Shores". I am at a loss to describe it. I thought that they were clowning about these stereotypes until my brother-in-law Aaron (www.twitter.com/aaronburrows) sent me a link that shows just how many of Guidonaughts there are running around

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barstoolsports.com%2Farticle%2Fnew_jersey_freakshows%2F1958%2F&h=49ec9e2ab3f5940569516a8bb4becda2






The above version is not so far off of what I am talking about. OK, enough giving more time to this show.

My new favorite teaching aid from the wonderful land of online video is Drunk History. A series of videos created by Derek Waters in which he has comedians actually get tanked on their drink of choice and then discuss an event in history. Oh the fun does not stop there because then today's funniest comedians and actors act out the tipsy tales of olden times.



Do yourself a favor and check this one out.

Well, it is a light hearted blog today as I am about to go clean house. Yay for Brian, right? Time to start getting ready for the big day of wrapping paper destruction. I hope everyone out there has a great and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment