Redamndiculous

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

(on a diferent note)Kid Shows are the reason for all this A.DD. ....

So after being held hostage by my children's television choices once again on my day off, I have come to a conclusion. The conclusion is this, these damn shows are poison, most likely lead to A.D.D., A.D.H.D., and possibly even H1N1. They try to feed knowledge in these little burst and segments but the shows are so far away from any kind of sensibility that I am not sure how any child can gain the information without taking a fair amount of the bizarre atmosphere with it. From Bert & Ernie doing the "Dingalong" song to a red dog the size of a T-Rex playing with normal size dogs (You know he would get excited and eat one of them). I can on some level see why kids watch them so intently as they are like visual train wrecks that you have a hard time turning away from. Dragon tales? You know that one of those kids would be burned to a crisp when one of the dragons sneezed or eaten in a fit of hunger. At the bare minimum it teaches our kids to go up and hug a strange creature should they come across one. If my kid sees a dinosaur walking around or say stumbles upon giant dog, I want them to run for safety, not try to engage in a sing along dance number with them about making friends. Maybe this is a little over the top but I have four children, all under the age of 9 so I have endured so many dumb kid shows over the years, that I have bad thoughts about what a cool serial killer would be one that tracks down and slays costume wearing members of Kid shows (no I will not be doing this). But man I can see the headlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment